About the Program
The Thomason Transportation Program provides an opportunity for students from Title I schools and daycares/preschools serving low-income families in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County to enjoy fun and educational field trips to branches of the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Library.
The Thomason Transportation Program provides free round-trip transportation for students, faculty and chaperones, allowing them to visit libraries, participate in in library programs and events, visit the Center for the Book, and more.
Who is Eligible?
- Title I schools
- Daycare & Preschool programs serving low-income families
- Organizations serving children with special needs
How to Apply
- Contact your Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Library of choice to arrange your visit at least 4 weeks in advance. A listing of all ABC Libraries can be found at www.abclibrary.org.
- Download the application from from this page or call 768-5112 to have one mailed or faxed to you.
- Fill out and submit the transportation application at least 3 weeks before your visit.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive official confirmation.
- There is a limit of one visit per semester per class.
This program would not be possible without the generous support of the Tom and Jo Thomason Estate and the Friends of the Public Library.