About the Program
The Thomason Transportation Program provides an opportunity for students from Title I schools and daycares/preschools serving low-income families in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County to enjoy fun and educational field trips to libraries in the Albuquerque/
Bernalillo County Library System. The Thomason Transportation Program provides free round-trip transportation for students, faculty and chaperones, allowing them to visit libraries, participate in library programs and events, visit the Center for the Book and more.
Who is Eligible?
- Title I schools
- Daycare & Preschool programs serving low-income families
- Organizations serving children with special needs
How to Apply
- Contact your library of choice to arrange your visit at least 4 weeks in advance. See a list of all libraries
- Download the application from from this page or call 768-5103 to have one faxed to you
- Fill out and submit the application at least 3 weeks in advance
- Once your application is approved you will receive confirmation
- There is a limit of one visit per semester per class
For information contact 505-768-5103.