Summer Reading 2013
Welcome to Summer Reading, 2013!
Here on the website, you can access a lot of information about summer reading. If you want to know what's happening around the city, check out the Summer Reading Events page and look to the Events box on the left for a printable program.
What is Summer Reading?
• A free 8 week program at your library that encourages children, teens and adults to read throughout the summer.
• Everyone can register, read, and be eligible for fun incentives (prizes).
• There are free programs and workshops in our libraries all summer long.
How do I sign up?
• Visit your local ABC Library from June 1 to July 27.
• Fill out a registration form at the Summer Reading Desk.
• Babies & Kids will receive a reading log, bookmark and a schedule of summer activities.
• Teens and Adults will receive a reading card.
How Do I Earn Prizes?
Babies & Kids (up to Age 11) can visit their library every week to earn a different incentive.
Bring in your reading log to show us what you have accomplished!
Teens & Adults (age 12+) can submit completed reading cards any time. Weekly drawings will be held at each branch. There will also be a system-wide grand prize drawing.
Why is SUMMER READING important?
Studies have shown that children who read during the summer generally maintain their reading skills, and that children who see their parents read, or who read with their parents generally have scored higher on standardized tests.
Passport to the Libraries!
Visit different library branches and get entered to win a mystery prize!
Step 1: Visit any branch to recieve a library passport
Step 2: Take your passport when you visit different branches and get it stamped by staff.
Step 3: When you have at least 5 libraries stamped, show it to a library staff person to get an entry form.
Step 4: Visit 5 more branches to get entered again! and again!
*If you complete your entire passport by visiting all libraries, you will have your photo taken and added to our website!
How can I support Summer Reading Program?
You can make a donation to support Summer Reading @ the library.
Please visit Friends for the Public Library for information.