Zinio offers full digital copies of your favorite magazines! You see the exact same material you get in print‚ plus some issues include features like video, audio and live links. Zinio allows you to download the magazines to your computer, tablet or mobile device! Magazine issues are not checked out so they're always available any time.
At the bottom of the my library page you can download apps for many mobile devices, including:
- PC or Mac
- iPhones or iPad
- Android devices
- Windows 8
- Kindle Fire/Fire HD
- Nook HD/HD+
- Blackberry Playbook
If there is not an app available for your device, you can still access and read Zinio magazines through your web browser.
Note: The Zinio app cannot be used to browse the Library's collection of free magazines. View and choose magazines using a web browser. After you have chosen your magazines, they will be available in your mobile app.
Printing is available when reading a magazine on the computer, not the app.
Print options are determined by the publisher. You may be able to print a single page, a range, or none at all.
- In your Zinio.com account, click on my library and select a magazine.
- Go to the page you wish to print.
- Click the Print icon in the bottom left corner.
Getting Started with Zinio
To use Zinio, you will need to create two (2) different accounts:
1) A Library account to check out your magazines and
2) A Zinio.com Reader account to view them.
You must have a current library card that is registered with ABC Library to use this collection.
Set up a Library account to select magazines:
- Go to the ABC Library Zinio Authentication page
- Enter your ABC Library barcode and click Login.
- Click on the Create Account button.
- Enter an email address and password. Your name is optional. Click Create Account.
- You will receive a confirmation notice in your email inbox. Click on the link to confirm.
- Then follow the directions to select a magazine.
Select a magazine:
- Log in to the ABC Library Zinio Authentication page using your email and password created in Step 1.
- The covers of all available magazines will display in alphabetical order.
- Click on the cover of the magazine you want to read.
- The first time you select a magazine, you will be taken to a new window to create a Zinio.com account.
Set up a Zinio.com Reader account to read your magazines:
The first time you select a magazine, you will be taken to a new window to create a Zinio.com account. If you choose to read Zinio magazines through the Zinio app, you must first checkout magazines using the ABC Library Zinio page in your web browser.
IMPORTANT: Your Library Account and the Zinio.com Reader Account email addresses MUST match. You can use the same password as your Library Account, but it is not required.
- Enter your first name, last name, email and password. Click Continue.
- The first time you’ll be asked to fill out a personal preferences form. Complete the personal preferences form and click Submit.
Note: We suggest you also go to Account Settings, and click on Email Preferences and check No on the following two boxes: “Send me email updates about features, new products, and special offers from Zinio and its publishers” and “Send me promotions from Zinio's trusted third-party partners.”
Check out more magazines:
Return to the library’s Zinio site, ABC Library Zinio Authentication page, each time you want to check out new issues. You’ll need to enter your library card number each time to access the library’s free content.
Read your magazines:
- Go to Zinio.com.
- Click Log In at the top of the screen and enter your email and password. Click sign in.
- Click on my library at the top of the page to view the magazines you've selected.
- Click on the magazine cover to open and read.
Read magazines offline:
To read magazines offline, follow these directions:
- You must be online to select magazines and download them.
- Follow the instructions in Step 2 to select a magazine.
- Open the Zinio app on your mobile device and touch the cover of the magazine you want to download.
- When the download is complete, you can read that magazine offline.
- Only magazines that have been downloaded through the app can be read offline.
Remove magazines from your account:
Magazine issues remain on your Zinio account, until you decide to remove them. To remove magazine issues from your account:
- Log in to your Zinio.com account and click my library at the top of the page.
- Click the Edit button near the top of the screen.
- Click the Remove button under each issue.